1. MichelleB5
  2. General Discussion!
  3. Sunday, January 08 2017, 08:36 PM
I recently decided that I couldnt handle keeping this side of me a secret anymore and I came out as a crossdresser and that I likely will be wanting to become a girl to my mom, she was super supportive about it and we had a nice chat. Now 2 days later the reality of it is sinking in and im dreading coming out to more people. I know my immediate family will accept me but the thought of all my extended family and the few friends i have finding out is terrifying me. My mind has been racing all morning thinking about what certain people might say or think. I know that I shouldnt care what might happen and just hope for the best but im kind of a nervous wreck right now. I cant think about anything else and its driving me crazy. I think im just going to have to bite the bullet and start making it known to people but the thought of it is making me so nervous. Im going a little crazy right now and im just trying to get my head straight, which is why im making this post, just to get this in writting so I hopefully can ease my stress a little bit. Anyways not really looking for anything from this is more just for me but thanks to all you lovely ladies on this site for being such great people I wouldnt be where I am without all of you.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
CandiceMarie Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Just coming out to your mom was huge, and I think it's great that she is supportive. Each step can be pretty scary, but you can do it. Just don't get overwhelmed and feel like you have to do everything all at once. Go at your own pace, and you'll be fine.
Comment
Thanks Candice, i was just getting worked up and kind of bundling everyone into the same group like I would have to do it back to back or something. Ive calmed down a lot since i wrote this, im definitely still nervous but no where near as bad. Anyways thanks for the support, its always nice to know all you lovely people have my back.
  1. MichelleB5
  2. 1 month ago
I understand. I think it was about 6-7 years before I actually did come out. My sister was still alive. I'm not even sure how the subject came up about transgender women. It may have been in regards to the Gwen Araujo murder. We were talking, and even then I wanted to tell somebody about my feelings and finally start to express them. She mentioned that she had known a trans woman years before. I wanted to keep the conversation going and open up, but I was scared.

My sister, of all people I know, would have been there for me, but I was a coward. There was another incident a few years before that where I needed a pair of shorts and she had these black women's shorts she wanted me to try. I backed away from that. Of course, I was disgusted with how overweight I was, and tight clothes were something I shied away from. It just makes me believe she would have accepted and probably helped me.

It's not easy to come out to people, especially those you love. Fear of rejection is hard to overcome for some people. You did good just being able to tell your mother. Once you do something like that and get acceptance, it can give you more confidence.
  1. CandiceMarie
  2. 1 month ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion!
  3. # 1
afernandapau Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
\○/ Congratulations \○/ You have take a really big step, there are many girls (like me) are not as brave as you are. You are a should be proud and not nervous. I don't know it it helps but I would like to be at least half brave you are.

I think the worst part has already happen, if one day I go out of the closet my mom will be the last person to knew it. You should not care about the other's if they are not happy whit who you are then they are not worthb enough.
Comment
Thanks it took a lot of building up to do it but i felt like i needed to stop hiding who i am.

Im sure when youre ready you will come out but there is no need to rush anything.

You are so right, if someone cant accept me for who i am they arent worth my time. Its still scary though but i know everything will work out in the end.
  1. MichelleB5
  2. 1 month ago
I'm a moron I meant to say ACCEPT you NOT except
  1. Mike_love
  2. 1 month ago
That is right sweet heart. I added and edited my remark to add a few things. Those that truly love you will except you, those that are superfical will not. I am so happy you realize this. I wish you all the best, I hope your new journey is filled with wonder and hapiness!!
  1. Mike_love
  2. 1 month ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion!
  3. # 2
Prissy Pony Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Take your time as it gets easier, I found telling my parents and family the hardest and they have supported me. After your friends know, the friends that you have left are your friends and a lot closer than ever before.
Comment
Thanks, im just going to take it slow and go one day at a time. I agree, once everyone knows you will know who is truly your friend
  1. MichelleB5
  2. 1 month ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion!
  3. # 3
Mike_love Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Michelle, you logged off last night so you may not have seen this let me say it here
You do realize it is perfectly normal to be nervous even scared. Courage is NOT the absence of fear. Quite the opposite, Courage is doing what is right even though you are scared to your bones. But please remember any of your friends who don't accept you for what you have become, well they were really never a true friend so fuck them and move on. Your life is too precious and will have enough grief in it that you cannot walk away from.. You don't need any grief from phony friends. Yes it hurts, but walk away, it will only hurt for a short while. Please believe this old man life is very short and very precious. Just yesterday it seems I was your age. I wish you all the best I hope all goes well and you have a wonderful journey!
Comment
That is right sweet heart. I added and edited my remark to add a few things. Those that truly love you will accept you, those that are superficial will not. I am so happy you realize this. I wish you all the best, I hope your new journey is filled with wonder and happiness!!
  1. Mike_love
  2. 1 month ago
I couldnt agree more, i just posted this for my own sanity since my mind was going crazy thinking about worst case scenarios even though they are all extremely unlikely or even absurd.
  1. MichelleB5
  2. 1 month ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion!
  3. # 4
Mike_love Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Please, you can drive yourself crazy thinking about worst case scenarios. I know it is not easy but when you find these "worst case" thoughts enter your thinking, try your best to think about how nice you will feel when your real friends hug you and accept you!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion!
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.